Technology made us dependent to such an extent that we get annoyed with simple technical fault. Human errors are inevitable, and at times it’s hard and time consuming to hunt for mistakes, whether be it a typo error or spelling mistakes. At times we experience the trouble of not being able to get a critical document spell checked on Microsoft word. This is not a big issue and can be fixed with a simple change in settings. In this post below, you will understand what all can be done as a solution to fix this problem of Microsoft Word.
Solution1: Uncheck the option to detect the language automatically.
It’s the inbuilt feature of Microsoft Word to automatically detect the language try to fix it by adding words automatically. It might be a nice feature, but at times it creates a lot of confusion. It’s quite normal to keep this feature disabled if the language used is English. To see if this characteristic is enabled or not, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Select all text by pressing CTRL+ A, select Review tab.
- Now in the next step, select “Language” and then choose “Set Proofing Language.”
- Uncheck the options “Do not check spelling or grammar” and “Detect language automatically.”
- Press “OK” to save changes.
Solution2: Changing exception.
Word editor has a feature to include exceptions from all proofing and spelling checks. Writers may not want their work to be checked as they want to use their custom language in their work. Perform the steps below to verify if the feature is enabled:
- Select all the text, click on the Review tab at the top of the screen. Now select “Language” and make a click on “Language Preferences.”
- Now click on “Proofing” and navigate to the end of the options.
- Now uncheck both the checks, i.e., “Hide spelling errors in this document only” and “Hide grammar errors in this document only.”
- Press OK to save changes and exit. You might be prompted to restart the application for the changes to take place. After restarting, check if the problem at hand got solved.
Solution 3: Uncheck the option, “Do not check spelling or grammar.”
Microsoft Word offers another feature to stop checking the spelling or grammar of words. It can ensure that specific miss-spelling is not detected. As we may want to use certain words, which are not listed in Microsoft word editor. It simply means that Microsoft word editor ignores all the spell checks. Let’s understand how we can make sure the feature is working or the changes needs to done.
- Select the specific word which is not being shown in the spell check and press Shift + F1.
- Now click on “Language” ensure that the option “Do not check spelling or grammar” is unchecked.
- Press OK to save changes and exit.
Above mentioned solutions would be helpful to find the cause and ability to fix the problem. Additionally, you can Ascertain that word is not saved in a foreign language dictionary (Reviewtab > Language > Language Preferences).
Ascertainword is not in the custom dictionary. (File > Options > Proofing > Custom Dictionaries).
If you face any problem in fixing the issue, you can call us at our helpline number for Microsoft support. We have the best team of specialists for Microsoft Word support that can fix the issue in no time thereby, reducing the downtime in your work.